Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Aquaplas substitute...?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member rghinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What can I use that is affordable to coat or insulate the metal HVAC ducts in my basement listening room? They ring like thunder. Thanks, Reed

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Cover them with duct insulation board from a local HVAC shop.

    GM

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scootertrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just finished refurbishing my pair of 1003's which were somewhat rusted and the aquaplas was peeling... after having removed all of the loose aquaplas and treating all of the rust, I discovered a product at NAPA auto stores that is tough as nails and is very similar in appearance to aquaplas... plus it is fairly easy to apply... it is called Herculiner, and though expensive ($30 bucks for a small can (but did both 1003's). It has to be tough, it is meant for pickup truck beds as a paint on liner... looks great and I cannot peel it off with a knife. Since it is quite heavy, it also has great anti ringing qualities... I am pleased...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.